Tuesday, May 18, 2010

B-I-N-G-O

At the request of Kevin's mom we went to see a musical production of "Bingo: The Musical" at the SLCC Grand Theater last night. We had never heard of this former Off-Broadway production and didn't know what to expect. We really enjoyed it and had a way fun time. When you get your program they give you three Bingo cards that you get to use during the show. They bring the house lights up a certain points and call out numbers (the actors are playing as well) and when you get a Bingo you call out. They come out to the audience and give out prizes. I don't like having attention brought to me (yes Steven...it is true!) so I told Kevin if I had the numbers he would have to call out. We didn't win on round 1 or 2 but then came round 3. I got all five of the "I" column and nudged Kevin in the side. He yelled "BINGO" and the girl came out from stage and verified our numbers. She gave us the prize which was a pair of really pretty earrings made by a local company (they're pink and I love them). If that weren't enough they started the show up again and in the next song they sang about Kevin. They put his name in when they said "if Kevin can win - I can win" and a few other things. It was really fun and we got to recover a portion of our tickets.

It is going on through Saturday, May 22nd at the SLCC South Campus. If you have a chance to go one of these nights I think you'll really enjoy it. We did!

More Information - www.bingothemusical.com

No comments:

Post a Comment