Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Report

Okay, so I know that I am so late with this and I still don't have the pictures to add to the post but I thought I'd catch up so I could stop feeling guilty and do better in 2011. Our Christmas was AWESOME! Kevin had so much playing Santa Claus in his play. We were sad it was over but glad that he could catch up on his sleep and we get to see each other once in a while. Kevin got a Nook and I got a Miche bag (I know...we are way spoiled).

Instead of presents for my siblings this year we went to the Melting Pot together. Once we got our seating figured out (there were a few tense moments when they wanted to split us into two tables) it was such a fun dinner and we are glad we went. My favorite was the Creme Brulee dessert. If the pot hadn't been so hot we would probably have licked it clean.

We went to Temple Square to see the lights with Kevin's family and had a great Purcell Party on Christmas night. We had a wonderful dinner and played games/watched movies until about 2 am. That might have been a judgement error when we had to get up at 6:30 am to get ready for church and our ward's Christmas program with the choir. We had one soloist cancel at the last minute but Kevin bore his testimony instead and it really made the program. He has such a strong spirit and I love him more each day!

New Year's Eve was okay. Kevin had to go to the playhouse and do two shows that night so I went and got some chinese food and stayed in for the night watching GLEE! He was able to get home at 11:30 pm so we got to ring in the new year together.

All in all we are very blessed and are grateful for a time of the year to reflect on our blessings, both spiritual and physical, and get ready to start anew. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment