Wednesday, April 27, 2011

25 Things About Me - Dawnie

So my sister-in-law Aspen posted a challenge someone had given her to write 25 things about herself on her blog and then passed the challenge on to everyone else. I thought it might be fun but it could end horribly bad...we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully I can get Kevin to post his own 25 things as well. Here we go!

1 - My favorite color is blue. I think my love of blue comes from my earliest memory of my room in Roy (we moved when I was three) that had blue carpet. I guess it just stuck with me. Purple has almost knocked it out of the running but not yet!

2 - I have had surgery twice in my life. One on my foot (bunyonette) and the other to remove a pilonidal cyst from my tailbone. I don't numb well or respond well to medicine, except in large doses, so I had to be put under both times.

3 - I served a mission in the Brazil Salvador South Mission from June 2001 to November 2002. This time in my life has influenced me very much and taught me that I can live with very little and be happy AND to be grateful for all that I have been given.

4 - I love musicals. I have had so many opportunities to see difference musicals done in community centers, professional / semi-professional theaters, and in London. It is my dream to go to Broadway someday.

5 - I have been trying to have a baby for about 3 1/2 years now and it is really starting to get discouraging. I try to be positive about the situation but some days it just sucks!

6 - Art was always my worst subject in school. The teachers used to get so frustrated with me but I just really don't know how to draw. It was the only "requires support" that I received on my report card in Elementary School (yeah we had one of those fancy systems in 4th - 6th grade where you don't get grades but descriptions of how you were doing).

7 - I love doing dishes. I think it is just my OCD that makes me feel a great accomplishment when the dishes are all clean and put away. I worked at Dairy Queen in high school and I would volunteer to sit and clean all of the equipment at night instead of sweeping/mopping/stocking/etc.
8 - I have only had three jobs in my whole life - Dairy Queen in high school, Motor Cargo (A/P) in college, and Loomis (8 years) since my mission. I guess I don't deal well with change?

9 - I remember numbers really well. Sometimes several days later I will remember the total from a random receipt. It gets really annoying sometimes but I've learned to turn my brain off at night and get some sleep. During college I would lay awake thinking for hours. It is a blessing and a curse.

10 - I have the most adorable nieces (3) and nephews (4) that I love to see and play with. I am amazed at how smart they all are.

11 - I have the best parents in the whole world. They are always willing to help me with anything I might need. They taught me how to work & play. We always went on such fun adventures with the family and have really created some great memories.

12 - I am a "selective" eater. I don't like a lot of items but I am trying to be better and try new things. Recently, I have been able to leave tomatoes on my Mexican food which is pretty much amazing.

13 - I love the sound of rain on a tin roof, a microphone rubbing against clothing and laughter.

14 - I was born with brown eyes but one of them is often more green than brown these days. I don't know if that is really scientifically possible but it is the TRUTH!

15 - I have a bachelor degree in Accounting from the University of Utah.

16 - I love the Bountiful Temple. I was at the dedication, received my endowments there, and got married there. I think of it as my temple.

17 - I am not a very good cook. I think being the baby of the family I wasn't required to help with that very much and now my poor husband is paying for it. Although he doesn't ever complain when I make something bland / not very good.

18 - I love to sit on the beach but prefer to swim in a pool. The ocean scares me with its power. I was pushed under by a wave when I was younger and haven't been a huge fan since.

19 - I like to paint my toenails fun colors. It feels like you can put any color on your toes that you would never dare put on your fingers. Why the difference? I have no idea.

20 - I always wished that I would make it to 6 foot but sadly I stopped at 5' 10 1/2".

21 - My favorite food of all time is Turkey Steaks from Maddox in Perry, Utah. YUM!

22 - I love to sing and dance in my car (and everywhere else). I get a lot of weird looks from those around me but I don't care.

23 - I live in Utah but have never been skiing or to Moab/Zions...what is wrong with me?

24 - I try to be a very organized person and plan things out before diving in. I don't like making decisions quickly.

25 - I am truly grateful for my Savior and for the blessing of living on this Earth and learning so much about who I am and why I am here. This life would seem pointless if not for his guidance and direction.

That was a little harder than I thought but not terribly bad.

Now it's your turn!

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It's kind of fun to come up with a list!! I like yours.... and I like YOU ;)

    ReplyDelete