Monday, September 13, 2010

Nieces Sleepover

Okay, so I've not done a great job of blogging about the fun things that have been happening in our lives. I'm going to try and catch up with some of the highlights over the next couple of days. This summer we had a couple of nights where we had our nieces come over for sleepovers.

First was Eliana & Cadence who were going to attend our Ward Swim Party at the Roy Aquatic Center with us. I picked them up after work and we drove home, which for them took FOREVER, and picked up Kevin. We went over to the party and I think these girls are fishes! They love the water and showed us all their swim moves that they have been perfecting. We finally convinced them to leave when their teeth were chattering and their lips had turned blue by promising them a treat after dinner. We went and grabbed dinner and cookies...yum! When we got home and dried off we watched my favorite version of Cinderella (staring Whitney Houston) until their little eyes couldn't stay awake anymore. I told them we could finish it in the morning and we got ready for bed. Kevin read two stories and sang them songs before they went to sleep in the living room. I think they got way more sleep than we did that night because I kept waking up and going to check on them (which in turn woke Uncle Kevin up as well...sorry babe!). After they woke up and I recovered from their stealth nature in the morning (seriously they both almost gave me a heart attack) we had breakfast, watched the rest of Cinderella, and headed home. We had so much fun and loved sharing that special time with them.

Second it was Lexie's turn to come up and stay with us. Josh dropped her off at my work and we headed the 30 minutes that seems like forever to a kid, toward home. We stopped and got some dinner at McDonalds and Lexie played on the toys (Madame Alexander dolls in her meal...so cool!). When we got home we played Candy Land, watched Sleeping Beauty, colored in coloring books, and waited for Uncle Kevin to get home from school. It was so cute when Kevin came in. Lexie was so excited that she almost knocked him over. Once we got her settled it was time for bed so Kevin read stories and sang to her until she could fall asleep (he is going to be the best dad someday!). I slept out on the couch so that she wouldn't be in the main room alone (which was no small task with a fractured rib). The next morning when she woke up we had breakfast, got ready, and I had to get her to swim practice by 9:30 (which is early for me but we made it!). I stayed and watched part of her last swimming class and played with Jaden.

We had such a good time with all the kids and hope that we can do it again sometime...maybe when we have a bigger house! Thanks to Steven, Aspen, Josh, & Stacie for sharing their kids with us. We love you all!

Cadence, Eliana, & Lexie

1 comment:

  1. How fun are you guys? I wish somebody would take my boys overnight, but nobody wants my wild men!!! You're such a cool aunt and uncle!

    ReplyDelete